This is my go-to treat when we have guests over...though I don't always add the mouse ears because I don't want to scare away friends with the overwhelming Disney love right away. I ease them into it.
They're easy peasy and can be made so many ways!
1. Make a batch of your favorite kind of cookies. *Make some of the cookies smaller if you want to add them as Mickey Mouse ears.
2. Let them cool just a few minutes
3. Place a scoop of ice cream on the underside of one cookie
4. Top with another cookie
5. Use a spoon to sprinkle toppings on ice cream (dipping or rolling the sandwich in the toppings will make a huge mess!)
6. Add 2 small cookies in to the ice cream as Mickey ears is desired
7. EAT EAT EAT, and fast. They melt quick!
We chose to make chocolate chip cookies, and paired them with cookie dough ice cream and sprinkles but the possibilities are endless! Snickerdoodles with vanilla bean, double chocolate chip with rocky road, peanut butter with chocolate...the choice is yours! Our favorite toppings include nuts, mini m&ms, crushes Oreo cookies, sprinkles, and Nutella (spread on the cookie before adding the ice cream).