I'll spare you the essay, but this much I'll tell: the Matterhorn Macaroon found at the Jolly Holiday on Main Street U.S.A is creeping up to the very top of my list.
yields approx. 12 cookies
adapted from Rumbly in my Tumbly
1 cup room temperature butter
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/4 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon almond extract
1/4 teaspoon coconut extract
1 cup sweetened, shredded coconut
2 cups all purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 bag of white baking chocolate or white chocolate chips (bright white chocolate will more closely resemble Disneyland's version)
powdered sugar for sprinkling
1. Preheat oven to 325°.
2. Cream together butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
3. Add salt, extracts, and flour and mix until just combined.
4. Add one cup of coconut (processed in the food processor) and fold in gently.
5. Form into matterhorn mounds and bake until lightly golden around the edges (around 15 minutes.)
6. Remove from oven and cool completely. 7. Melt candy melts as directed on package and dip the tops of your matterhorns in or pour on top of mound.
8. Sprinkle with powdered sugar.