If you love the traditional Mickey beignets found at Cafe Orleans or the Mint Julep bar in Disneyland, you're going to love these.
*I cut this recipe in half because 35 beignets is a little much for my family....even if it is Fat Tuesday.
Mickey Mouse Beignets
- Prep Time: 2 hrs 15 mins
- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Total Time: 2 hrs 25 mins
- Servings: 35
- 1 teaspoon yeast
- 1/2 cup warm water
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 4 tablespoons vegetable shortening
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 eggs
- 8 cups flour
- 1 ½ cup boiling water
- Vegetable oil
- Powdered sugar
- Jelly or honey butter for dipping
1. Pour yeast into warm water and stir.
2. Allow the yeast to stand for approx. 15 minutes in warm water.
3. Combine flour, sugar, vegetable shortening, salt, heavy cream, eggs, boiling water, and yeast mixture. Mix all ingredients until well-combined. Dough will be sticky.
4. Cover in plastic wrap and let it rest for half an hour.
5. Uncover dough and roll it out to approximately 1/4 inch thickness on well-floured surface.
6. Cut out your beignets with your Mickey Mouse cookie cutter.
9. Dry beignets on paper towels, then top with powdered sugar.
10. Eat plain or dip in jelly or honey butter while warm.