- Extra Magic Hours. This special perk, reserved solely for those staying at Resort hotels, allows guests to enter either Disneyland Park or California Adventure Park an hour before the general public on each day of their trip. Currently, this option allows Resort guests early admittance to Disneyland Park on Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Sundays. California Adventure early admittance is offered on Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays, and Sundays. Select dining, shopping, and attractions are open during this early hour.
- Location. The proximity of the Resort Hotels to both amusement parks is a huge advantage, especially when taking minis to the parks! I love the flexibility of taking a break from the parks midday to cool off in the pool or take a nap. All the Resort hotels are an easy walk or monorail ride away from the parks. After a long day at the Disneyland Resort no kid wants to walk a mile back to their hotel or wait another 30 minutes for a shuttle to come pick them up.
- Character Dining. Each of the Disneyland Resort hotels has its own Disney character dining experience. Guests can enjoy any or all of these restaurants that the minis are sure to love. Reservations are strongly recommended!
- Private Park Entrance. All Disneyland Resort Hotel guests have the option to enter the park through the Grand Californian Hotel and Spa. This entrance takes you directly into Disney's California Adventure Park, near Grizzly Run.
- Fun for All Ages. There is something for everyone at the Disneyland Resort Hotels! Themed pools at each hotel, a spa at the Grand Californian Hotel, and both kid friendly and upscale dining experiences. The hotels are also known to have special events on certain days like movies under the stars, power walking groups through California Adventure before it opens, and scavenger hunts. Mom and Dad will love Pinnochio's workshop, a child care (but mostly fun) center where licensed counselors will tend to your children (ages 5-12) for an extra fee so parents can enjoy some time alone!
- Extra Disney Magic. At a Disneyland Resort Hotel you're fully immersed in the magic. You can arrange a wake-up call from a favorite Disney character, have the fireworks soundtrack piped through your television, and have a Disney princess read your kids a goodnight story on a special Disney television channel. In the Disneyland Hotel your bed headboard will play When You Wish Upon A Star and light up with a castle and fireworks. For an extra fee you can even arrange a special Disney welcome package to be set up in your room upon arrival.
- Key to the Magic and Package Express. Key to the Magic is a card given to you upon arrival that allows your purchases at select locations on the Disney property to be charged to your hotel room. Using Package Express, all merchandise purchases made at the park will be delivered right to your hotel for pickup after your day at the parks.
- Amenities and Services. Dry cleaning, laundry, fitness rooms, business centers, free wi-fi, and ATMs just to name a few.
Photo of Disney's Grand Californian Hotel and Spa from DisneyParksBlog.